Game Day Recipes To Prepare So You Never Miss a GoalJune 14, 2021
Quick and easy match-day recipes.
Celebrate the Euros this summer with a range of sharing plates, hands-in recipes and cocktails to keep the footie fans cool.
All the creamy, omega-3 goodness of guacamole combined with refreshingly juicy flavours of salsa make for a dip that’s pretty hard to beat.
- Combine tomatoes, avocado, and red onion in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, coriander, and salt.
- Pour dressing over mixture and toss gently to coat.
The first thing you taste when taking a bite into these stuffed mushrooms is the nutty flavour of salty Parmesan. Then, the hint of fresh herbs hits your palate. And finally, soft mushrooms. Who knew something so simple could pack in so much flavour?
- 1/2 Cup Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan
- 3 Garlic Cloves, peeled and minced
- 3 Tablespoons Chopped Italian Parsley
- 1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 28-30 White Mushrooms, stems removed
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, garlic, parsley, 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Rinse (but don’t submerge!) mushrooms with water.
- Spoon filling into mushroom cavities and place face up on baking sheet.
- Drizzle over remaining oil and bake until mushrooms are tender and top is golden brown, 25-30 minutes.
Indian Spiced Lamb Naan with Tomato Salad, Yoghurt Sauce and Chips
The flavours in this dish are pretty sensational – think tender lamb packed with a good kick of spice and a cooling mint yoghurt sauce for a tasty contrast. With a side of chips for dunking, this recipe is a no-fuss hands-on dish that’s perfect for snacking during a game.
Duck Tacos with Plum Sauce Sesame Wedges and Pickled Radishes
Feeding friends? This dish is the perfect solution. You can bring out all of the different components and have them assemble. Pile high shredded duck, tangy pickled radishes, crunchy cucumber and spring onions and finish with plum sauce. A sure-fire winner.
Spicy Honey Glazed Chicken with Cheesy Bacon Wedges & Blue Cheese Dip
If there was ever a match day dish, we’re certain it’s our spicy honey-glazed chicken recipe. Come for the crispy chicken thighs coated in a spicy cajun sauce, stay for the unreal blue cheese dip.
Sausage and Bacon Burger with Cheesy Bacon Wedges & Apple Cranberry Slaw
Bacon lovers, rejoice, as we’ve given the classic burger and chips an upgrade by serving up sausage and bacon burgers with cheesy bacon wedges.
Prepare these big-batch cocktails ahead of kick off to ensure you never miss a goal. Boozy, packing in flavour and simply made for sipping in the sun, these will go down nicely on game day.
Cranberry Prosecco Punch
This cocktail couldn’t be easier to prep.
Old Fashioned Iced Tea
It’s like your average iced tea…but for adults.
Cucumber Jalapeño Margarita
A kick of heat, a zing of lime, AND a refreshing burst of cucumber juice.