4 Quick & Healthy Lunch Ideas To Fill You Up March 10, 2019
Save time and money with these delicious quick and healthy lunch ideas that will keep you feeling full throughout the day. From vibrant brown rice salads perfect for fuelling that pre-gym workout to a brain-boosting rye bread sandwich, there’s something here for everyone. Make these recipes ahead and grab and go as you leave in the morning.
Start the day with one of our delicious on-the-go breakfast recipes, stop for a break with one of these quick and healthy lunch ideas, and end the day with something delicious from the HelloFresh menu. Job done.
BEST FOR: GROWING KIDS
Quick and easy to prep, these veg packed chicken wraps are the perfect thing to make ahead so you can avoid the school-run rush.
- Wholemeal seeded tortilla wrap
- Shredded chicken
- A few lettuce leaves
- 1/2 a cucumber, cut into sticks
- Snack: blueberry and strawberry skewers/ cucumber sticks
- Spread hummus over the wrap, top with shredded chicken, lettuce leaves, sliced cherry tomatoes and wrap up.
- Cut the wraps into four smaller pieces.
- Cut up the cucumber into batons and place in a sealed container (or in a separate compartment of the lunchbox). Fruit skewers
BEST FOR: SPORTS FUEL
Packed with nutritious, slow burning ingredients, this is the perfect lunch for a pre-workout pick me up.
- 80g cooked brown rice
- 80g shredded chicken
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1/2 tin of chickpeas
- 2 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 chilli, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 avocado
- SNACK: banana + almond butter (in a pot)
- Mix all the other ingredients together in a bowl, and season to taste. Top with sliced avocado, spring onions, fresh red chilli and coriander.
BEST FOR: AN ENERGY KICK
Steer clear of the afternoon slump with this deliciously quick and healthy packed lunch.
- 80g cooked wholemeal pasta
- A handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 avocado, cut into chunks
- toasted pine nuts
- A few tbsps of hummus
- Fresh homemade pesto
- Snack: Almonds and cashews (in a pot)/ carrots in another section of the lunchbox
- Mix pasta, cherry tomatoes, avocado and pesto together and top with toasted pine nuts for the pasta salad
- Chop carrots into sticks and serve with hummus.
- Place almonds and cashews into a separate container and seal shut.
BEST FOR: A BRAIN BOOST
This Omega-3 rich lunch is a great way to feed the brain!
- Rye bread
- 1/2 an avocado, mashed
- A few slices of smoked salmon
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- A few sprigs of fresh dill
- 1/4 cucumber, sliced
- Snack: blueberries and HelloFresh squeezy yoghurt
- Spread smashed avo onto rye bread and top with smoked salmon, thin slices of cucumber, dill and lemon.
- Our yoghurt pouches are transport friendly making them a great thing to take in for lunch – serve with a couple of handfuls of fresh blueberries.
We make it easy for you to cook delicious dinners from scratch. Choose your favourite recipes from a weekly menu and we’ll deliver all the fresh, pre-portioned ingredients you need to cook them direct to your door. Dinner is solved!