A Rainbow of Veggie RecipesMarch 1, 2022
Did you start your New Year with a resolution to cook veggie recipes, or are you looking to introduce a few more meat-free options into your weekly dinners? Whatever your plans, we’ve got some fresh and interesting vegetarian snacks, meals and more to keep the momentum going beyond the start of the year.
Take a look at our bright (and colourful) ideas to make sure you stay inspired in 2022. Why not add this rainbow to your repertoire, and discover plenty more vegetarian recipes here?
Beautifully simple, these beetroot crisps make a tasty and colourful snack.
- 5 Medium Beetroots, Peeled
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF/160º Fan and line 2-3 (depending on size) baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Use a mandoline to thinly slice the beetroot.
- Toss with olive oil and arrange slices in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake until crisp, about 30 minutes.
- Let cool, then sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
Coconut Udon Laksa with Pepper, Green Beans and Spring Onion
This speedy Coconut Udon Laksa with Pepper, Green Beans and Spring Onion can be made in 20 minutes – a perfect pop of tasty colour when time is tight.
[button content=”Try the recipe” color=”green” text=”white” url=”https://www.hellofresh.co.uk/recipes/coconut-udon-laksa-61ba17499997cf075e7510b6″ openin=”_blank”]
Courgette & Parsley Soup
Comforting, versatile, colourful…soup is an all-round winner when it comes to packing in the veggies and plenty of flavour, too. This super easy recipe is a great way of using courgette, and a tasty working-from-home lunch option.
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion, chopped
- 4 Courgette, cut into half-moons
- 4 Cups Vegetable Broth/Stock
- 1 Handful Flat Leaf Parsley, roughly chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once it shimmers, add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, 5-8 minutes.
- Add courgette and cook until slightly translucent, 8-10 minutes.
- Add broth, then bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until courgette is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add parsley.
- Purée with an immersion blender or food processor, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
Psychedelic Veggie Shepherd’s Pie
See it (or cook it!) to believe it, but purple potatoes make this veggie Shepherd’s pie a colourful addition to the dinner table.
[button content=”Here’s how to make it” color=”green” text=”white” url=”https://www.hellofresh.co.uk/recipes/psychedelic-veggie-shepherd-s-pi-57bed0297417fe3d228b4568″ openin=”_self”]
The full rainbow: Veggie skewers
Kebabs don’t have to be reserved for the barbecue – bring a taste of summer to those chilly spring weeks ahead with our colourful vegetable skewers. Perfect for putting under the grill, we’ve loaded ours with courgette, cherry tomatoes, aubergine, red onion and pineapple (trust us, it works!) but you can choose your favourite veggies and flavour combos. They’re a great way of using up leftover vegetables, too.
Add our Veggie Sides
Bring some extra colour to the table with our Vegetable Sides – keep an eye out on the menu for delicious broccoli, beans and more.