Our Gluten-free Banana Cake recipe March 10, 2017
Our favourite things…
Cue our delicious banana cake. It’s the weekend, and the struggle between wanting to treat yourself and wanting to be healthy is REAL. But guys, come on, we’re not going to let you to torture yourself because we love both those things. And we have to say it – sorry Julie Andrews, we love you, but treating yourself and being healthy are way better than raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens. So, why don’t you treat yourself with this completely gluten-free delicious banana cake. We snuck in blueberries, because – why wouldn’t you?
How to make sugar-free, gluten-free banana cake
Rather than using flour, we use coconut flour, and rather than butter? Coconut oil. And of course – bananas are so sweet that you just don’t need sugar!
6 Tips for the Perfect Banana Cake
- Don’t keep opening the oven when the banana cake is baking – this will dry it out and make it sink.
- As soon as a skewer comes out clean, you can take it out of the oven and let it cool.
- To add a bit of extra flavour, try rich, sweet spices like cinnamon, nutmeg or ginger.
- If you’re feeling fancy, you can warm up some golden syrup and make some small holes in the top of the banana cake, and pour it over for an extra indulgent, moist banana cake
- Eat fresh – this will allow the gooey, moist nature of banana bread to shine.
- Use very ripe bananas because they are much sweeter and softer which will make your cake sweet and moist.
What tastes good with it?
- Scoop of vanilla ice cream
- salted caramel
- peanut butter
- whipped cream
If you love banana but you’re not really in the mood for baking, why not give our banana ice cream a go – it’s literally just frozen bananas – no refined sugar, no cream… ready in no time.