3 Baked Fruit Recipes To Try At HomeMay 24, 2018
Quick, delicious and easy to make, here are three baked fruit recipes that are guaranteed to brighten up your dessert menu this Spring.
Caramelised Baked Bananas
Sweet and sticky baked bananas are the ultimate guilt-free treat. Scattered with crunchy hazelnuts and a big spoon of Greek yoghurt, it’s hard to go wrong with this delicious recipe.
- 2 unpeeled bananas
- 25g softened butter
- 1 tbsp soft light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp white rum
- a handful each of shelled hazelnuts and pistachios
- a dollop or two of Greek yoghurt
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Put a sheet of non-stick baking paper on top of a sheet of foil.
- Slice the unpeeled bananas in half lengthways and put them in the centre of the paper/foil. Spoon the softened butter, sugar, maple syrup and white rum over the bananas, then wrap tightly in the paper/foil. Transfer to a roasting tray, then bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a non-stick frying pan, gently toast the hazelnuts and pistachios until golden, then roughly chop. Unwrap the baked bananas and serve, still in their skins, with the juices spooned over, sprinkled with the chopped nuts and a dollop or two of greek yoghurt.
Honey Baked Pineapple
One bite and you’re in tropical heaven. Juicy pineapple, tart creme fraiche, a crunch of pistachio and finished off with fresh mint. A simple show stopping dessert that’s guaranteed to hit the spot.
- 1/2 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 medium ripe pineapple, peeled, cored, cut lengthwise into 8 wedges
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche or yogurt
- 1/3 cup natural unsalted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Stir first 3 ingredients in a large bowl until sugar dissolves.
- Add pineapple; toss to coat. Let marinate, tossing occasionally, for 10 minutes. Place pineapple, one flat side down, on prepared sheet; reserve marinade.
- Roast pineapple for 15 minutes. Turn, brush with marinade, and roast until tender and caramelised, 10-15 minutes. Drizzle remaining marinade over; let cool slightly.
- Divide pineapple among plates. Spoon crème fraîche alongside. Garnish with nuts and mint.
Baked Pimms Berries with Mascarpone
Bake these Pimms- soaked berries until the mascarpone is golden and bubbling. Spring in a dish. You’re welcome!
- 750 g mixed berries, such as raspberries and strawberries
- 1 Orange
- 40 ml Pimms
- 1 vanilla pod
- 4 tablespoons soft dark brown sugar
- 250 g mascarpone
- Preheat the grill to full.
- Hull the strawberries, halve any larger ones, and gently mix the berries with the pimms and 2 tablespoons of sugar in a bowl.
- Halve the vanilla pod lengthways, scrape out the seeds and add to the strawberries. Finely grate in the orange zest into the mix.
- Pour into a heatproof dish, then evenly dot with the mascarpone and sprinkle over the rest of the sugar.
- Place under the hot grill for 5 minutes, or until bubbling and caramelised.
Searching for something sweet…?