2 Ways to Use Leftover ChivesJune 27, 2016
Now and again, our customers tell us they’ve got leftover herbs from our recipes. As you know, we’re not into waste, so Renee & Ellie – our menu planning gurus – suggested this series for leftover herbs! It’s so simple to make dips, sauces and condiments even better by adding a sprinkling of chives.
How to Make Sour Cream & Chive Dip
I love spreading this on toast with some smoked salmon, or using it as a dip for tortilla chips. YUMM!
How to Make Chive Butter
Chive butter recipe
- 250g butter
- 25g chives, chopped
- Use a potato masher, to mash the butter.
- Add the chopped chives and thoroughly mix in
- Cut out a rectangle of cling film and spread the butter evenly across it. Now roll the butter in the cling film, so that the butter forms a cylindrical shape.
- Tie the cling film at each end to ensure that it is air tight
- Leave in the fridge overnight