How To Make Roasted Stuffed TomatoesOctober 1, 2019
We’re big tomato fans here at HelloFresh. Like all ingredients that go into our boxes, we take our time searching for the best supplier to ensure the freshest, highest-quality tomatoes.
We thought we’d shared one of our favourite recipes, roasted stuffed tomatoes. Because what’s not to love about a roasted tomato? Tender and juicy, they make the perfect side dish or an impressive main. Garlic, rosemary, veggies and your choice of quinoa or bulgar wheat form the base of the filling for these incredibly tasty stuffed tomatoes.
Roasted Stuffed Tomatoes
- 8 Medium-large tomatoes
- 120g Quiona or bulgar wheat
- 1 Courgette
- 3 Carrots
- 6 Big mushrooms
- 1 Clove of garlic
- 1 Rosemary Branch
- Grated parmesan
- 1 Ball of mozzarella
- Olive oil
- Depending on your choice, follow the instructions for cooking bulgar wheat or quinoa. You can take a minute off the cooking time as it will continue cooking in the oven.
- Put oil, garlic and the rosemary in a large pan and cook it slowly. Add vegetables cut in very very small cubes. Veggies have to be well done but still a little bit crunchy.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. In a bowl mix the grains with the vegetables and the parmesan cheese.
- Cut the top off the tomatoes and empty the inside (but not too much).
- Place your tomatoes in a big dish and add a slice of mozzarella at the bottom of each tomato, then top with the vegetable mix.
- Put the top of the tomatoes back on and cook in the oven for 35 minutes.