Jubilee Weekend: Great British Breakfast (with a twist)May 23, 2022
But first, breakfast. However you plan to spend the long weekend ahead, make sure you kick things off to a brilliant start by adding our Ham and Cheese Crumpets to your box. A long weekend at the start of the summer season is a real treat, and we want to make sure your 4-day bank holiday gets off to a royally good start. Breakfast is (arguably) one of the best meals of the day, whether you like to keep it simple or create a delicious spread with friends and family, we’ve got the perfect recipe for you. Just right for celebrating the first day of The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee, we’ve got super tasty…
Ham and Cheese Crumpets with Smoked Ham and Cheddar Cheese
Start your morning with a twist on a quintessentially British dish! Level up your crumpets by piling them with ham and cheese, then baking until bubbling – it’s all the flavours of a toastie, but made perfect for breakfast.
More bank holiday breakfasts to make at home…
Give these recipes a go
Prosciutto, Rocket and Fig Croissant
- 2 croissants
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 50g rocket
- 1 fig, sliced
- Olive oil
- Cut each croissant in half but don’t cut all the way through.
- Add some rocket, then arrange two slices of prosciutto on each croissant.
- Top with the slices of fig and drizzle with a little olive oil.
Light and Fluffy 3 Ingredient Pancakes with Blueberries
- 2-3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- Maple Syrup
- Whisk together 2-3 (200g) mashed ripe bananas with 2 eggs to make a batter.
- Stir in 25g blueberries, saving 25g to serve.
- Gently fry 3 tbsp of batter in hot butter for 30 secs – 1 min each side.
- Stack up the pancakes and top with blueberries, half a sliced banana and maple syrup
Dukkah Avocado Toast
2 slices sourdough, toasted
1 avocado, thinly sliced
1 tbsp dukkah
- Arrange the avocado slices nicely on the toast.
- Sprinkle with the dukkah and drizzle over a little olive oil.