Foodie Mother’s Day…because she’s worth it!March 11, 2015
We’ve got a few recipes up our selves to help you spoil your mum this Mother’s Day, from breakfast right through to dessert!
Start the day special.
Whip up a healthy homemade brekkie in the morning to blow her socks off with our HelloFresh Fruit Parfait.
This yummy concoction of fruit and yogurt is the ultimate Mother’s Day breakfast treat which is quick, simple and uses ingredients that most of us have at home in our fridge or pantry!
All you need is a selection of Mum’s favourite fruits, some Greek yogurt and mixed nuts (we like to use Pistachios for that extra bit of colour!)
Easy! Chop up your fruit selection then alternate between layering your chopped fruit and the Greek yogurt in a pretty pot. Next, top your parfait with mixed chopped nuts (or even granola or toasted coconut – the choices are endless!)
Serve up breakfast in bed with the perfect ‘cuppa’… because Mum’s deserve a little pampering.
Make Mum Smile.
Shake up Mother’s Day with our spiced up healthy spin on a Lebanese classic. Maximum taste, maximum love, minimum hassle. Best served with a warm hug.
Click the pic for our recipe!
Finish the Day Fantastic.
This easy Banoffee Pie is a great one for the kids to make and is ready in 20 mins!
- 100g of melted butter (or margarine)
- 250g of crushed up digestive biscuits (or whatever biscuits are Mum’s favourite)
- A little can of Carnation Caramel
- A few sliced up banana
- 300ml of whipped whipping cream
- A little bit of grated dark chocolate
- Mix the biscuit crumbs and butter in a bowl.
- Press the mixture into the base of a tin.
- Chill in the fridge for 10 mins.
- Spread the caramel over base.
- Scatter your banana slices on top.
- Spoon the cream over the top for the bananas.
- Sprinkle over some grated dark chocolate.
Chill in the fridge until your yummy treat is ready to serve up to surprise mum.