Our Favourite Springtime Vegan RisottoMay 6, 2019
Like us, Flora believes that great food starts with simple honest ingredients. We’ve teamed up to bring you a range of fresh seasonal recipes to try at home and healthy hacks using Flora’s new range of 100% plant-based spreads. See how easy it is to add more plant goodness into your life with this delicious primavera vegan risotto!
If you like putting your own twist on a recipe, a simple risotto is a great place to start. You can add pretty much anything to it, turning it into the perfect dish to cater to different dietary requirements.
Hearty, wholesome, and naturally creamy, this vegan risotto primavera is the perfect base. Full of flavour and freshness, you can experiment with different vegetables to cater it to your tastes. Asparagus, peas and spinach are a couple of our favourite ingredients but the choice is yours!
An Easy Vegan Risotto Perfect For Spring
- 25 g Flora Original
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 225 g Arborio rice
- 700 ml hot vegetable stock
- 300 ml vegan dry white wine (optional but increase stock to 1 litre if not used)
- 250 g frozen petit pois
- 125 g asparagus tips, each cut into three
- 175 g spinach, washed and drained
- 75 g vegan Parmesan cheese, grated
- pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat Flora and olive oil in a large pan and fry the onion and garlic until soft but not browned.
- Add the rice and stir well. Pour in the wine and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and cook gently, whilst stirring, until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir in 300ml stock and repeat until the stock has been absorbed.
- Add half the remaining stock, and continue cooking, stirring occasionally until the vegan risotto has a creamy consistency.
- Add the peas to the rice together with the asparagus and remaining stock. Bring back to a simmer and continue stirring as the liquid is absorbed and the rice becomes tender.
- Stir in the spinach, with a little more stock if necessary, and sprinkle in the vegan cheese, stirring until melted through. You can leave this ingredient out if you prefer but it will affect the consistency a little.
- Season your finished vegan risotto to taste and serve straight away. We told you it was easy!