How To Make Homemade Margarine May 9, 2019
Like us, Flora believes that great food starts with simple honest ingredients. We’ve teamed up to bring you a range of fresh seasonal recipes to try at home using Flora’s new range of 100% plant-based spreads that are packed with plant goodness.
Margarine has received criticism in the past for being an artificial substitute for butter, but, being naturally rich in Omega 3 with absolutely no preservatives, artificial colours or flavours, this spread has got a lot going for it.
Inspired by Flora’s new recipe that features only seven simple ingredients, this homemade margarine recipe is easy to make and can be used as a spread on toast or in stir-fries, baking, or grilling. Scroll down for the recipe!
How To Make Homemade Margarine
- 20g solid vegetable fat (e.g. coconut oil)
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) vegetable oil
- 10ml milk
- Pinch salt
- A few drops of lemon juice
- Melt the solid vegetable oil.
- Add the vegetable oils and place over a bowl of ice. Whisk the oils over the ice until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Add the milk and continue whisking until the mixture becomes thick and smooth.
- Add a little salt and lemon juice and your margarine is ready to use.