It’s voluptuous & vegan: Bulgur, Tahini & Aubergine recipeSeptember 28, 2015
When you’re having friends over or you’re cooking your family a HelloFresh recipe… but you want to go that extra mile and have a starter, it’s often hard to think of something interesting and delicious that isn’t really hard!
These radicchio bites are a complete blessing. There are so many aubergine recipes out there, but these little bites have paprika spicy aubergine sprinkled on top – so they’re like the icing… the best part!
The best of all the aubergine recipes
The reason a lot of people love this recip (myself included), is because you can just pick up each radicchio “bite” and eat it with your hands. The radicchio leaves act as a little basket, so it makes the whole eating process much more family oriented. This is also great for a lunch recipe if you just want something quick and healthy!
Vegan Bulgur, Tahini & Aubergine recipe
- 1 raddichio head
- 1 aubergine, chopped into small cubes
- 2 cups bulgur wheat
- 2 tbsp Tahini paste
- paprika spice
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 tbsp truffle oil, as dressing
- salt & pepper
- Wash your raddicchio leaves and arrange on a plate like baskets
- In a frying pan add the oil, with some salt and paprika powder – heat until very hot and add aubergine cubes in 3 groups (too many at one time will mean they don’t cook as well). Once they are cooked through and soft, remove the aubergine from the oil with a slotted spoon and place on a plate with kitchen towel on (to absorb the oil)
- Boil 3.5 cups of water (seasoned with salt) on the stove. Add the bulgur wheat once the water has started to boil and take off the stove – cover with a lid or plate for 20 minutes to allow to cook.
- After twenty minutes – check that the bulgur is cooked through and drain any remaining water.
- Spoon 1 tbsp of bulgur into each leaf.
- On top of this spoon the a tbsp of fried aubergine per leaf.
- Now drizzle some truffle oil and tahini over the top of them as well as a little bit of salt and pepper.