3 Creative Snack Ideas For KidsFebruary 21, 2019
Getting fruits and veg into kids’ diets isn’t always a walk in the park…
But these creative snack ideas for kids are here to change that. So sit back and watch as the little ones assemble and devour every bear, fish, and turtle in sight without a second thought — AND reach for seconds.
But the best part? You won’t hear a peep out of them until dinner, because these snacks are hearty enough to stave off all the late afternoon snack cravings and stomach grumblings.
As always, don’t forget to tag #HelloFreshSnaps for the chance to win £15 off your next HelloFresh box!
Whether you’re on team sweet or savoury, these bear toasts are a sure-win come breakfast or snack time.
- Peanut Butter
- Chocolate Spread
- Cream Cheese
- Whole Wheat Bread, toasted
- Banana Slices
- Spread peanut butter, chocolate, or cream cheese on toasted bread. Add banana slices for the ears and nose. Place two blueberries for eyes, and add one blueberry on top of the banana to complete the nose. Drizzle with honey before serving.
Fruity Fish with Blueberry Bubbles
Pucker those lips like a fish and devour these citrusy, nautical treats.
- Orange Slices
- Candy Eyes
- Reserve a handful of whole orange slices for the body of the fish. Cut the remainder into eighths for the fins.
- Place one candy eye on each slice, then add three blueberries by the front of each fish to resemble bubbles.
Kiwi Apple Turtles
It’s all green everything for this snack, with the big turtles getting green apples as bodies and the kiddos, kiwis.
- Peeled* Kiwi Slices
- Halved, Cored Green Apples
- Green Grapes
- Candy Eyes
- Lay each kiwi slice and apple round flat, and place a grape at one end of each for the head.
- Cut some grapes into quarters for feet, and others into slices for the tail. (TIP: if your animals aren’t staying intact, feel free to hold the fruit together with toothpicks.)
- Stick candy eyes onto the grapes with a drop of honey.