Our Rhubarb Ice LolliesMay 22, 2017
Mmmm… now that the hot weather is creeping in, we thought it’d be a good idea for you to cool down with some very delicious, homemade and seasonal ice lollies. If your kids are asking for ice lollies but you’re a bit worried about all that sugar making them hyper, opt for our slightly less sugary rhubarb lollies. They’ll keep the kids busy and content![columns_row width=”half”] [column][/column] [column][/column] [/columns_row]
Our Rhubarb Ice Lollies
- 3 Rhubarb stems
- 6 tbsp honey
- 300g Greek yoghurt
You will also need:
- Ice lolly moulds
- Ice lolly sticks
- Wash your rhubarb and cut the ends off. Cut into 1cm chunks.
- Add the rhubarb with 2 tbsp water and the sugar into a pot and place over medium high heat. Stir regularly. When the rhubarb comes to the boil reduce the heat and cook for around 20 minutes until the rhubarb is relaly soft.
- Place your rhubarb into a blender, and blend.
- Cool the mixture.
- Mix your yoghurt with a tbsp or two of milk to loosen it.
- Take your ice lolly moulds and spoon in 1 tbsp spoon of the yoghurt, followed by one of rhubarb and alternate until the mould is full. .
- Pop into the freezer and after an hour, slide the wooden ice lolly sticks in.
- Leave in the freezer overnight.
If you’re not into rhubarb, give our classic strawberry and cream ice lollies a go – just in time for Wimbledon.