Lime Juice Cube Ideas To Zest Up Drinks April 19, 2018
As temperatures rise, keep your cool with these deliciously refreshing lime juice cube ideas. Not only do they look great, adding a creative flair to any drink, but they are also bursting with fresh flavour and packed with nutritional goodness.
Adding lime juice to your food and drink is an easy way to top up on immune-boosting Vitamin C, which is important for fighting infection in the body. Lime juice alkalises the body and has also been proved to improve your digestion, rejuvenate tired-looking skin, and maintain blood sugar levels.
You can also jazz up your drink by cutting up a couple of our favourite citrus fruits into wedges (limes, lemons, oranges and grapefruit), popping them into the freezer on a baking tray, and adding them to a lime and elderflower cordial when frozen. A frozen wedge of grapefruit or lime are a great addition to your Friday night Gin & Tonic![amd-zlrecipe-recipe:590]
Alkalising Lime and Cucumber Cubes
Juice of a lime
- Whizz the cucumber and lime juice in a magimix until it reaches a watery consistency ( If you don’t have a magimix, half fill the the lime juice into the ice cube mould and add a thin slice of cucumber to each cube)
- Freeze until solid. Serve with a fresh wedge of lime and a slice of cucumber
Lime and Lemongrass Ice Cubes
1 stalk of fresh lemongrass, chopped
2 tsp. honey
Zest and juice of 1 lime
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
Thinly sliced limes
- Bring lemongrass and 1 2/3 cups water to a boil in saucepan over medium heat. Simmer 5 minutes. Stir in honey, remove from heat, and leave for 30 minutes.
- Strain mixture, discard solids, and cool. Zest the lemon and lime before juicing. Whisk in lemon and lime juices. Place garnishes (if using) in standard 16-slot ice cube trays. Pour in lemongrass mixture. Pop in the freezer until solid.
Citrus Ice Wedges
limes, cut into wedges
lemons, cut into wedges
grapefruits, cut into wedges
orange, cut into wedges
- Thinly slice lemon, lime, grapefruit and orange
- Place them on a baking tray and freeze until solid
Lime and Mint Ice Cubes
Fresh Mint Leaves (2 per ice cube mould)
Zest and juice of 2 limes
- Fill an ice cube tray with freshly squeezed lime juice and top with a couple of washed mint leaves. If you would like a more intense lime flavouring, you could add some finely grated lime zest to the juice.
- Pop them in the freezer until solid.
Three Drinks You’ll Love