Healthy Winter Smoothie Against the Sniffles October 22, 2015
A sniff sniff here, a sniff sniff there, here a sniff, there a sniff… it’s hideous! And we’re all culprits. As a firm believer in the idea that prevention is better than cure, even if you’re feeling tip top, this smoothie is still a fabulous idea.
While I could spend days listing the various health benefits of hundreds of foods, these are the ones that come out on top. Why? Because they are so good for you, while being delicious and readily available. Plus, you can make one mega smoothie with these ingredients.
– These bad boys are packed with vitamin A, vitamin C and loads of antioxidants. It’s a cold’s absolute nightmare but it’ll be your dream.
– Yes, you heard me. Good quality dark chocolate has a lot of cocoa in it and cocoa beans are considered a superfood! Dark chocolate and cocoa have more antioxidants and flavanols than fruit juices like acai berries, cranberries, and pomegranates. I mean don’t overdo it, but definitely chow down on some dark chocolate this winter.
– This curly green leaf is somewhat of a health trend. But why? Well – when you have this much goodness contained within you, you’re going to pack a serious punch against the common cold: vitamin A, vitamin K, vitamin C, vitamin, B6 manganese, calcium, copper, potassium, magnesium
– Ginger is anti-viral, anti-inflammatory, it’s an antihistamine and a decongestant. MIC. DROP.
– Spicy foods promote the production of antibodies that fight against colds!
Healthy Winter Smoothie Against the Sniffles
- 2 handfuls of kale
- 2 banana
- 1 apple
- 1 tsp ginger, peeled,
- a pinch of fresh red chilli
- 1 handful pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup milk
- grated dark chocolate, garnish
- add everything (except the chocolate) to a blender
- blend it up
- pour into a cold cup and sprinkle on the chocolate