How to Make the Perfect Boiled Egg April 24, 2017
The Secret to Your Perfect Boiled Egg
Although I’m sure the majority of people know how to boil an egg, but whether they can consistently recreate their perfect boiled egg is harder to say. There are sooo many different techniques! Some people put the eggs into boiling water. But did you know, that if you add the egg into cold water and then place it on the heat, you’ve got a higher chance of being able to control the outcome? You just need to put the egg in cold water and then bring it to the boil. Once it’s boiling – the bubbles should be bursting at the surface of the water – take it off the heat and cover the top with a lid. Then look at our chart of different yolks above and choose your favourite. You should only leave the egg in the hot water for the amount of time next to your favourite kind of boiled egg. Then place it into very cold water and peel the shell off and it should be perfect every time.
The Secret to a Perfect Boiled Egg Again in 5 Simple Steps
- Pop an egg carefully into an empty pot
- Cover it with cold water
- Bring the water to the boil (big bubbles should be bursting on the surface)
- Take the pot off the heat, choose the egg in the photo above that you love and leave it in the pot for the according amount of minutes.
- Plunge gently into cold water and then eat in whichever way you see fit!
3 ways to spice up your boiled eggs:
- Sprinkle on some dukkah along with your salt and pepper
- Finely chop some chives and sprinkle on top
- If you like it really spice you can always sprinkle on some chilli flakes.
Some egg recipes you might like: