Friday Feeling #11: Get Juicy! July 31, 2015
Happy Friday! It’s been a good week here on the Fresh Farm but we’ve not been too impressed with the weather… rain, wind, grey clouds… that’s not very summery! It looks to be brightening up this weekend though which means you might need a little cool down. So we’ve dedicated this post to the some wonderful juices and smoothies – the perfect way to cool down on a hot and sticky day. Also, get the recipe for this delicious carrot, apple, raspberry and red pepper juice*.
Take a look at our 5 favourite (mostly juice-based) links for this week:
1. East London Juice Co. do some awesome juices, smoothies and other goodies.
2. If you fancy something different, try this carrot, ginger and turmeric smoothie from Minimalist Baker.
3. OK, these guys aren’t to do with juice but have some awesome raw snack bars and other goodies that you health-conscious foodies will love: Purple Balance.
4. For some Mexican style refreshments check Vegan miam’s watermelon agua fresca!
5. This one’s a mocktail recipe but it’s super refreshing… it’s a pomegranate, lime and ginger mocktail from Offbeat and Inspired.
Where to eat this weekend
The Bristolian in Bristol. If you’re passing by the Bristol area this weekend or anytime soon then head to this place for an awesome breakfast. Some people say it’s the best breakfast in Bristol but you’ll have to decide for yourself.
Movie of the moment
Julie & Julia: my mum loves this film. Meryl Streep plays Julia Child in the early years of her culinary career in this funny foodie film. Also any film with Meryl Streep is bound to be great (in our opinion). If you fancy a quiet Friday night in then this is the one to watch tonight.
Carrot, apple, raspberry and red pepper healthy juice recipe
- 1 carrot
- 2 apples
- 1 handful raspberries
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and destalked
- Add this all into the juicer, add some ice if you want it nice and cold
- Sip/gulp/down and enjoy