our easy Chia pudding recipe August 11, 2015
Chia is everywhere at the moment. So, we couldn’t help getting a little bit of the action. Lord knows, we love a healthy little breakfast. This easy chia pudding made with almond milk and topped with delicious strawberries. So grab your chia… and keep scrolling for this ridiculously delicious, quick and easy dessert recipe.
- Add the almond milk and chia seeds to a bowl and leave in the fridge overnight.
- The next morning, scrape the vanilla seeds out of the pod and mix into the seeds along with the honey.
- Wash the strawberries and cut the green part off. Cut into quarters and mix with the lime juice.
- Pull the mint leaves of the sprig and wash them, then cut into strips (leave 2 intact for garnish)
- Crush up the digestive biscuits
- Layer as follows: half the strawberries, half the digestives, the chia mix, half the cookies, half the strawberries, the mint leaves.
Can you believe whipping up a cheffy breakfast or morning tea treat is so simple? neither could we! Chia seeds contain mega 3 fatty acids, dietary fibre, antioxidants and a load of protein, so they’re a high energy addition to a snack if ever we’ve heard of one.
Have you used chia seeds before? What are your favourite tricks to use them with? Let us know in the comments below!