The Best Mother’s Day Breakfast-In-Bed RecipesMarch 6, 2018
The best gifts are always edible…
We all love a little bit of pampering once in a while, especially when it involves food! Combine two of our favourite things, breakfast and bed, for a Mother’s Day treat that will start off her special day in the best possible way. These three Mother’s Day breakfast recipes are simple enough to rustle up whilst mum is still snoozing upstairs, and are bursting with delicious flavours that will make her morning a little bit special.
Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes
For the Buttermilk pancakes:
- 75g (1/2 cup) self-raising flour
- 25g icing sugar
- 1/2 tbsp finely grated orange rind
- 1 egg, separated
- 160ml (3/4 cup) buttermilk
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 10g butter
- 2 small apricots, cut into wedges
- 4 strawberries, sliced
- Creme fraiche, to serve
- For buttermilk pancakes, combine flour, icing sugar and orange rind in a bowl. Place egg yolks and buttermilk in a jug and whisk lightly to combine, then pour into flour mixture and whisk to combine. In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites until soft peaks form, then fold through flour mixture and set aside.
- Heat half the vegetable oil and butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Add ¼ cupfuls of pancake mixture and cook in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden. Repeat with remaining oil, butter and mixture.
- To serve: arrange the pancakes in stacks on serving plates. Top with a dollop of creme fraiche and arrange peaches and strawberries on top.
Prosciutto, Rocket and Fig Croissant
- 2 croissants
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 50g rocket
- 1 fig, sliced
- Olive oil
- Cut each croissant in half but don’t cut all the way through.
- Add some rocket, then arrange two slices of prosciutto on each croissant.
- Top with the slices of fig and drizzle with a little olive oil.
Dukkah Avocado Toast
2 slices sourdough, toasted
1 avocado, thinly sliced
1 tbsp dukkah
- Arrange the avocado slices nicely on the toast.
- Sprinkle with the dukkah and drizzle over a little olive oil.
Fancy something sweet?
Try making our delicious homemade cacao butter!
You won’t believe how fluffy these 3 ingredient Gluten-Free pancakes are…
A banana cake perfect for tea time…