4 Mighty Mocktails That’ll Energise You November 3, 2016
Having people over for dinner, but don’t want to drink? OR do you have some guests who don’t drink and you want to offer them something a bit more swanky than water or orange juice? Cue… the Mighty Mocktails…
In they fly, to save the day.
Mighty Mocktail #1
300g fresh strawberries
4 tsp hibiscus tea, cooled
20ml lemon juice
Mint, to garnish
1 tbsp honey
2. Mix the tea and strawberry together
3. Fill glass half way with ice and pour over
4. Garnish with mint leaves
Mighty Mocktail #2
100g frozen blackberries
10 juniper berries
20ml sugar syrup
40ml lemon juice
1 sprig of rosemary
1. Freeze 4 glasses in for 1 hour.
2. Add the frozen blackberries, juniper berries, and sugar in a pot with a splash of water and simmer for 15 minutes. Cool for 10 mins and then blend until smooth. Strain with a sieve and cool for 30 mins.
3. Rinse your blender and add the lemon juice and rosemary sprig and blend. Strain juice.
4. Fill frozen glasses halfway with crushed ice. Pour in lemon mix, then sparkling water and add more ice. Finally pour the blackberry mix on top. Garnish with berries.
Mighty Mocktail #3
60ml lime juice
200g fresh pineapple
100g fresh mango
60ml filtered water
pineapple wedges, garnish
- Add the pineapple, crushed ice, lime juice, mango and water into a blender and blend.
- Pour into cocktail glasses and garnish with pineapple wedges.
Mighty Mocktail #4
100ml lemon juice
30ml sugar syrup
60ml fresh pomegranate juice
- Add the lemon juice, sugar syrup and pomegranate juice into a jug and stir.
- Pour into glasses over ice and top up with tonic water