Home-made ice cream is surprisingly easy and tastes delicious. Chef Mimi shares her favourite three ingredient, no churn coffee ice cream for when you’re craving something sweet in the heat!
Mimi's Three Ingredient, No Churn Coffee Ice Cream
- 1 can condensed milk (397g)
- 600ml double cream
- 3-5 tbsp coffee
- 2 tbsp hot but not boiling water
- Boil your kettle. Whisk the cream with an electric whisk until it forms soft peaks (you can use a normal whisk, but it will take a while!).
Pour the condensed milk into the cream and whisk again until it forms stiff peaks (do not over whisk).
- Put the coffee in a small bowl and add 2 tbsp hot (but NOT boiling) water - if you boiled your kettle at the beginning of the recipe, it should be find to use now. Stir together until combined.
- Fold the coffee mixture into the icecream being careful not to knock all the air out of it.
- Pour the mixture into a container, cover and freeze for 10 hours.