Mimi’s Flipping Tasty Sweet and Savoury Pancake RecipeFebruary 24, 2020
Don’t want this year’s Pancake Day to be a flop?
Then may we introduce to you chef Mimi’s Fluffy Pancakes with Maple Bacon Jam and Goat’s Cheese.
Drizzled in ‘maple bacon jam’ and crumbled goat cheese, these pancakes are a heavenly combination of sweet and savoury goodness. You’ll never look at a lemon and sugar crepe in the same way again…
Fluffy Pancakes with Maple Bacon Jam and Goat’s Cheese
- For the pancakes
- 135g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 130ml milk
- 1 egg
- 30g butter plus extra for cooking
- For the toppings
- 120g pancetta lardons
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (you could also use honey or golden syrup)
- 2 tbsp onion chutney
- 125g soft goat’s cheese
- Weigh out the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar into a large bowl.
- Pour the milk into a jug and add the egg. Melt the butter and add it to the jug, whisk together until combined.
- Add the eggs milk and butter to the flour mixture and use a whisk to beat it until you have a smooth batter. Set the batter aside to stand for a few mins while you make the bacon jam.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large frying pan on medium high heat. Once hot, add the pancetta and fry until golden and crispy, 3-5 mins. Stir occasionally.
- Pour in the maple syrup and onion chutney, stir together and bring to the boil. Simmer for 2-3 mins, then remove from the heat.
- Break the goat’s cheese up into chunks.
- Heat a knob of butter in another frying pan on medium high heat. Once the butter has melted, add a ladle of pancake batter. Once the top of the batter starts to bubble, turn it over and cook on the other side until golden brown, 2-4 mins.
- Remove the pancake to a plate and repeat for the rest of the pancake mixture. TIP: Add some more butter to the pan if it gets a bit dry.
- Reheat the maple bacon jam on medium heat.
- Serve the pancakes stacked on top of each other with the goats cheese and maple bacon jam on top and drizzled over. Enjoy!