Our Mega Matcha Breakfast Bowl April 1, 2017
To get you out of bed in the morning, we’ve created this a mega matcha breakfast bowl using TaikiTea matcha green tea powder, an incomparable matcha grown in the beautiful region of Uji, near Kyoto (the place where matcha originates from). If you’re someone who needs/ can’t function/ can’t LIVE without their morning coffee, then matcha might be your new (healthier) best friend.
Matcha: What’s all the hype about?
Matcha has been kicking around since 1191 A.D when the Zen Monk Eisai planted the first Green tea seeds in the temple grounds of Kyoto, Japan! Although matcha and coffee share the same energy-boosting property, from a nutritional perspective, matcha shoots ahead in leaps and bounds.
Whilst too much coffee can leave us feeling jittery and nauseous, matcha contains an amino acid, L-Theanine, that has a calming effect on the body, whilst sustaining our energy levels for 6-8 hours. L-Theanine has also been proved to enhance mood, improve memory and promote better concentration. The beautiful bright green matcha powder is also bursting with liver-loving antioxidants that reduce cholesterol and improve your metabolic rate.
For TaikiTea’s full range of premium matcha products, click here.
- 300g Natural Yoghurt
- 1 tbsp Taikitea matcha green tea powder
- 1 Nectarine, sliced
- 1 Kiwi, sliced
- A handful of raspberries
- 20g Coconut flakes
- Maple Syrup
- Divide the yoghurt between two bowls
- Slice your nectarine and kiwi into crescent moons and set to the side.
- Mix your Taikitea matcha green tea powder into your natural yoghurt until combined
- Arrange the sliced nectarine and kiwi on top of your matcha yoghurt
- Scatter your bowls with a handful of raspberries and the coconut flakes
- Finish with a drizzle of maple syrup and enjoy!