Urban Fruit Mango Energy Balls Recipe October 30, 2017
Bring back your bounce with these deliciously healthy homemade energy balls.
Super easy to make, we’ve packed our energy balls with Urban Fruit dried mango, cherries and coconut chips to take your taste buds on a trip to the tropics.
A great snack to have stored in the fridge when you’re craving something sweet but healthy, each bite provides a little fibre, protein, healthy fat, and natural sugars for an energy boost.
- Place half of the Urban Fruit mango in a bowl and cover with boiling water to soak for 15 mins, drain.
- Chop up the rest of the mango into small chunks.
- Scatter the sesame seeds on a plate, set aside.
- Place the drained, soaked mango, coconut flakes, natural honey and peanut butter, along with 1 tbsp water in the food processor and pulse until you have a thick paste.
- Transfer the mango paste to a mixing bowl, and add the remaining chopped mango, cherries, chia seeds, mixed seeds and rolled oats to the bowl too. Mix well.
- With lightly wet hands, roll heaped tablespoons of the mixture into balls. Roll the balls in the sesame seeds on the lined tray so they are lightly covered. Place the tray in the fridge so they mango balls can set, about 1 hour.