Lindt Carrot Cupcakes with a Twist of Chocolate April 7, 2017
There couldn’t possibly be room in our sensational 3-course Easter Box for more deliciousness, right? Wrong. It goes without saying that an Easter feast wouldn’t be complete without a suitable amount of chocolatey indulgence (interpret ‘suitable’ as you will), so who better to team up with, than Lindt, Master Chocolatiers since 1845.
Our Easter box contains a Lindt Gold Bunny for each guest, so the whole table can experience the remarkable melting texture of Lindt chocolate. If however, by some miracle, you are able to save these Easter chocolate treats from your hungriest guests, Lindt have shared an amazing carrot cupcake recipe with a twist of chocolate that is sure to delight the whole family!
What better way to spend an afternoon baking and decorating these Easter cupcakes, filling your house with the delicious scents of warm chocolatey carrot cake? If you’re looking for an activity to keep the kids busy this Easter, this recipe is just the ticket. Let’s be honest, when Lindt’s silky smooth chocolate is involved, you’ll struggle to keep anyone out of the kitchen!
- Preheat the oven to 185C. In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, brown sugar, egg and yoghurt. Mix in the grated steamed carrots.
- Gradually add the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and mix until combined. Lastly, add the chopped chocolate chunks.
- Divide the mixture into cupcake cases on a baking tray and bake for approximately 25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool fully before icing.
- Whilst the cupcakes are cooling, soften the cream cheese in an electric mixer. Add lemon juice and mix until light and fluffy. Mix in the melted Lindor white truffles and whip for a couple of seconds until light.
- Top the cooled cupcakes with a generous amount of icing and coat with toasted coconut, creating the look of a little nest. Top with the Lindt Gold Bunny or your favourite Easter treats.
To explore the full Lindt Easter range and discover more Easter inspiration, click here.
Haven’t had time to order your Easter Box yet? Don’t panic, you’ve got until Wednesday 5th April to place your order. Click here to order now.