How To Rescue Stale Bread (+ 5 Clever Kitchen Hacks) September 29, 2018
I bet you never knew you could peel ginger with a teaspoon…
At HelloFresh, our chefs create recipes you can cook easily at home, recipes that you can trust will work out every time. As we’re are always looking for ways to freshen up your cooking routine, I asked our chefs to share their best kitchen hacks – kitchen hacks that are so clever you’ll wonder how you lived without them. For the next couple of weeks, we’ll be posting the videos for each of these hacks across our Facebook and Instagram pages – keep your eyes peeled!
The HelloFresh Chefs Favourite Kitchen Hacks:
Andre’s Fresh Hack: “I always make my salad dressings in jam jars – just shake it up and serve, keeping any leftovers in the jars in the fridge.”
Jesse’s Fresh Hack: “If you need cold butter to soften up quickly, just grate it!”
Patrick’s Fresh Hack: “It’s an oldie but a goodie – peeling ginger with a teaspoon!”
Lizzie’s Fresh Hack: “A sharp knife will make your life so much easier in the kitchen. I owned my first chef’s knife at 6 and have never looked back!”
5 Kitchen Hacks You Can’t Live Without:
AVOCADO PEELING HACK
- Cut a ripe avocado in half and remove the stone
- Holding a large tumbler glass in one hand, and one half of the avocado in the other, push the edge of the avocado against the rim of the glass
- Peel ginger with the back of a teaspoon to save you from wasting the lovely fresh ginger as you chop it!
STALE BREAD HACK:
- Place the bread in a baking tray and cover with a little bit of water
- Bake at 180 degrees c and bake for 8 minutes until crusty
COLD BUTTER HACK:
- Cold butter? Grate it with a box grater
- Put it straight onto a piece of hot toast and watch it melttttt
- Place your unpeeled garlic cloves into a sealed jar – old jam jars work well.
- Give the jar a good shake until the garlic skin is removed
- Repeat the garlic hack for hard boiled eggs with their shells on.
- Place water in an airtight container with the eggs, shake and peel.