Chef Mimi’s Christmas Jam Cookies December 1, 2017
Warm up your ovens, Christmas is just around the corner and what better way to kick off the festive season than with a big batch of Chef Mimi’s jam cookies. Perfect with a cup of tea, these jam cookies really are as delicious as they look. These jam cookies are really easy to make and a great thing to try out with the kids to keep them busy. And if you’re trying to save on Christmas presents this year, buy a couple of glass jars, some nice tissue paper and a bit of red candy cane string to tie around the top and you’ve got yourself a pretty lovely, homemade present. Bake these the day before Christmas for the ultimate freshness.
- Preheat your oven to 200 degree C and line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Add all the ingredients (except the fillings and the icing sugar) into a bowl. Use your finger tips to crumble the butter and dry ingredients together and then knead into a dough. Cling film and leave in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Roll out evenly on a floured surface and use cookie cutters to cut circles into the dough.
- Then cut mini hole in the middle of half of the circles using a mini star cutter if you have it or a circular one if not.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 5-8 minutes and remove then allow to cool.
- Take one of your cookie pieces without a hole and place jam in the centre. Then place one of the cookies with a hole on top and press down. Repeat for all cookies and then sieve on some icing sugar.
If you liked these and you want more, give Father Christmas’ Orange and Walnut Cookies a try. They’re so delicious you won’t want to put them out for Father Christmas when the big day comes.
See all our tips on How to Nail Christmas Dinner.