homemade apple and berry ice lolliesJune 23, 2015
Feel like you need to chill? For me, ice lollies are the perfect way to deal with hot summer weather. I’ve never been a huge fan of ice cream because it’s pretty heavy and super filling.
But I will devour 3 ice lollies in a row if I get the chance. Anyone who got the Fresh Times (our newsletter) in their box last month, will have seen these cheeky looking homemade ice lollies on the cover. This is just a quick post to show you all how quick and easy making ice lollies is.
Homemade Apple and mixed berry ice lollies recipe
You will need:
- 8 plastic cups
- 8 ice lolly sticks
- 1 litre apple juice, the fresher the better !
- 2 handfuls of mixed berries, fresh or frozen
- 1 freezer
- Divide the berries evenly between the 8 cups
- Pour enough apple juice into each cup until the cup is 2/3 full
- Place in freezer for 2 hours
- After 2 hours, the tops should be frozen enough to place the sticks in the centre
- Freeze for another 7 hours
- Remove from the cups and eat.
Hold the cups and gently pull on the wooden sticks to remove. The body warmth from your hand should help to loosen them.
If you something something a bit different give our Strawberry and Cream Ice Lollies a try.