Our 4 Ingredient Cloud Bread recipe April 14, 2016
The sun’s shining and everyone seems to be looking for a way to enjoy the joys of Spring while keeping nice and trim… (I love a rhyme!). So, have you heard of cloud bread? It’s all over instagram and facebook. It’s a super low carb bread made with just 4 ingredients.
At the Fresh Farm, we don’t believe in restricting yourself to “no carbs”, “no fat” etc. So, we created this cloud bread recipe, to make sure that you don’t have to cut out bread, you can just make some cloud bread and put some toppings on it for a delicious, but not too decadent snack.
As Easy as 1, 2, 3
Here is the recipe for this awesome cloud bread:Choose from the most used tags
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees C
- Separate the yolk from the egg whites
- Mix together the egg yolks, the cream cheese and the sweetener (optional).
- In a different bowl add 1/4 tsp of cream of tartar to the egg whites and beat the whites on high speed until they are fluffy and form stiff peaks.
- Fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites until mixed, but carefully, not roughly.
- Add grease proof paper to 2 baking tray
- With a large spoon, "scoop" the mixture into 10 even rounds on the sheets (about the size of the top-half of a burger bun; roughly 10cm wide.)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown
- Remove from the baking tray and cool on a rack.
- At first they'll be meringue consistency, but put them in a tupperware overnight. And magically, in the morning, they'll transform to a bread consistency.