Father Christmas’ Famous Orange Cookies November 25, 2016
If you’re looking for some baking to keep the kids busy over Christmas, these delicious orange cookies are perfect for little hands. They’re incredibly easy, plus a little birdie told me they’re Father Christmas’ favourite cookies, so knowing good old Saint Nick, he’s definitely more likely to give out the best presents to the kids that leave these orange cookies out for him!
- Preheat your oven to 160 ° C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Boil the orange juice with 3 lightly heaped tbsp. of sugar until it forms a syrup and allow to cool down. Beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and fluffy. Mix 2 tbsp of the orange syrup into the flour until well mixed. Then knead with your hands until a firm dough is produced.
- For the filling: mix the walnuts, cinnamon, vanilla seeds and the remaining orange syrup.
- For each cookie, roll a heaped tsp of dough into a ball and make a thumbprint in the middle of the dough. Add 1 teaspoon of the filling.
- Place the cookies on your lined baking tray.
- Bake in your pre-heated oven at 160 ° C for approx. 15 - 20 minutes (until golden brown).
- After baking, allow the cookies to cool down slightly before serving and enjoy!