An Easy Scones Recipe: 3 ingredients!!October 28, 2015
At HelloFresh, we’re of the opinion that making things at home is better. Not just because baking and cooking are a great family activity, but also because have you looked at the ingredients of ready made products recently? There are so many unrecognisable ingredients names that sound pretty artificial. But we’re also realists, as our dinner recipes demonstrate with their short preparation and cooking time, we know that time is a big deal-breaker.
But what about some FAST scones? Some easy scones? Well, let’s just say Bob’s your uncle!
This easy scone recipe which was inspired by the lovely Nagi at Recipe Tin Eats – I love her blog, you should check it out! When we tried these scones, we felt they were the perfect way to bake something delicious in a short amount of time.
An Easy Scones Recipe: 3 ingredients
- 3 cups self raising flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, do not whip
- 1 cup cold lemonade
- To serve
- Whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, whipping cream and lemonade with your hands! Make sure you don’t mix it too much – just enough so all the ingredients are together. Otherwise they won’t be fluffy.
- On a floured surface, use your hands to flatten the dough to about 2.5 cm thick. Then use a round glass to cut them into individual scones.
- To make the tops nice and golden brown, you can brush them with some milk and a pastry brush.
- Place on a grease paper lined baking tray and make sure you leave space between them – because they will expand. Bake them for around 15 minutes.
- Cool them on a cooling rack
- Serve with copious amounts of cream and jam, and of course tea!