Easy Halloween Treats: Little Monsters!October 23, 2015
While we all pretend that Halloween is mainly for the kids, but come on – we adults love dressing up too and eating fancy Halloween snacks. This recipe was inspired by Kelly’s little Frankenstein marshmallows and it’s pretty awesome! It’s a great way to keep the kids (big and small) busy this weekend. You can even do a weird little puppet show with them all and give them different personalities… before you munch them!
- angry monster
- shy monster
- happy monster
- grumpy monster
- sad monster
- naughty monster
You can use this concept but with different colours and create little pumpkin marshmallows (orange), little minion marshmallows (yellow) and so on and so forth! These easy Halloween treats are so much fun to make!
Easy Halloween Treats: Little Monsters!
- Green chocolate melts (baking shop)*
- pretzel sticks
- dark chocolate chips
- edible candy eyeballs
- Edible red and black cake pens
- Melt the green chocolate melts in a heat proof bowl over a pot of boiling water.
- Take the lollipop sticks and stick them into each marshmallow then dip the marshmallows into the green chocolate – make sure they are totally covered. Stand the marshmallows upright in a glass filled with uncooked rice and put the glass into the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the same way you melted the green chocolate Dip the tops of each of the coated marshmallows in the chocolate to form the hair, and using a toothpick, drag the chocolate down toward the base of the marshmallow to create a hair like look. Cool in the fridge for a further 10 minutes
- Break the pretzel rods into smaller pieces and stick into the sides of the marshmallow like ears.
- Using a toothpick and the remaining melted chocolate, dab two small dots of chocolate onto each marshmallow and press on the candy eyeballs.
- Using the black edible marker, draw on a mouth,