Our Easy Donut Recipe with Apricot JamNovember 13, 2015
Apricot jam inside a warm homemade donut. You can’t get better than that?
At the Fresh Farm, we are firm believers in balance. Life wouldn’t be healthy or enjoyable if we didn’t all indulge in a few naughty treats along the way! So, this weekend try this apricot jam filled donuts recipe. They’re home-made, so you can eat them warm!
We’re not suggesting you sit down and scoff all of these goodies yourself. Oh no! It’s the perfect opportunity to head over to your neighbours with a plate of these doughy hunks of goodness and share a cuppa. Because contrary to what Shakespeare says, at the Fresh Farm we think that FOOD is the food of love. And we’re pretty sure your friends, neighbours or family will agree with us.
Brownie points? Check!
Try our easy donut recipe… you will NOT regret it!
Apricot Donuts recipe
- 500g plain flour
- 30g yeast
- 250ml warm milk
- 60g caster sugar
- 60g butter
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 pinch of salt
- Frying oil
apricot jam for filling
- Add the flour and yeast into a mixing bowl along with the sugar and salt and mix together.
- Now add the luke warm milk, melted butter and the egg yolks and mix together thoroughly
- Cover and leave in a warm place for 30 minutes
- Knead gently for another few minutes and the divide the dough into equally sized balls – with lots of space between them. Leave for another 20 minutes
- Heat the oil up to 170 degrees and no hotter. Fry the donuts on both sides until they are golden
- Take them out of the oil and allow them to cool down
- Add the apricot marmalade into a piping bag with sharp tip and add the jam into the donuts
- Sprinkle with icing sugar