The Perfect Christmas Dessert You Have to TryNovember 25, 2021
Sweet tooths, you are going to love this.
This indulgent festive dessert combines layers of crunchy speculoos biscuit crumb, white chocolate cheesecake filling and smooth salted caramel. A final sprinkling of chopped pistachios make it a white Christmas delight.
The sweet treat of this year’s Christmas Box, we deliver everything you need to create this decadent Christmas dessert that your guests will love pre-portioned and straight to your door with easy-to-follow recipe instructions. Seriously, what are you waiting for?!
[button content=”Order Your Box ” color=”green” text=”white” url=”http://https://www.hellofresh.co.uk/pages/seasonal/christmas-box” openin=”_self”]
- 180g Philadelphia Cheese
- 50g Butter
- 90g White Chocolate Chips
- 25g Pistachios
- 125g Speculoos Biscuit Crumb
- 50g Caster Sugar
- 40g Salted Caramel
- Remove the Philadelphia from the fridge so that it reaches room temperature. Heat 2cm water in a small saucepan on medium heat until just simmering. Pop the white chocolate chips into a heatproof bowl and sit it snugly on top of the saucepan. TIP: make sure the bottom of the bowl isn’t touching the water. Stir the chocolate until melted, then remove from the heat and allow it to cool.
2. Meanwhile, Pop the butter into a small saucepan on medium-low heat and allow it to melt (see ingredients for amount – you’ll need some of the butter later on). Remove from the heat when done. Add the speculoos biscuit crumbs to the melted butter, mixing well, then divide it equally between glasses, small serving bowls or ramekins (whichever you have to hand, 1 per person). Pat the crumbs down to make a firm base then set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, salt (see ingredients for amount), and cooled white chocolate until softened and well incorporated. In another bowl, combine the sugar (see ingredients for amount – you’ll need some later) and double cream (see ingredients for amount). Whisk until it forms a light and fluffy whipped cream. Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until well combined, 1-2 mins.
4. Divide half of the cheesecake filling between your glasses/bowls/ramekins, smoothing the top with the back of a spoon. Drizzle over the salted caramel sauce, dividing it between each portion, then cover with the remaining cheesecake filling. Smooth the top again with the back of a spoon.
5. Cover and chill the cheesecake pots until they have set, overnight.