The Ultimate Bread Sauce Recipe November 24, 2017
Where would Christmas dinner be without that delightful, perfectly creamy bread sauce? Our chef André is a die hard bread sauce fan and says “Bread sauce is a Christmas classic because it works beautifully with poultry”. This sauce is so tasty and easy to make you may want to recreate it in a few weeks time for your own Christmas feast!
- Milk 190ml
- Half a Shallot
- 2 cloves
- 20g Panko Breadcrumbs
- Take your half shallot and push the pointy end of the cloves into it (this will make it easier to remove them from your bread sauce later).
- Infuse the milk with your cloved studded shallot. Heat a small saucepan over medium heat and add a little oil. Add your chopped shallot and leftover thyme leaves and cook for 5 mins. Pour in the milk
- (amount specified in the ingredient list) and add your clove studded shallot. Warm
- your milk until it is steaming then remove from the heat.
- Remove your clove studded shallot from your milk and bring your milk to the boil on medium heat. Mix in the panko breadcrumbs and cook until they have softened and you have a sauce the consistency of porridge. Season with salt and pepper and get ready to plate up
Give It a Test Run
If you want to give this bread sauce a go, I realise cooking a whole turkey may be a bit much. Don’t worry – André created this Roast Duck with Bread Sauce and Honeyed Courgettes recipe, so you can practice and enjoy the perfect bread sauce whenever you like.