Blood Orange Mousse with Passion Fruit Recipe December 28, 2016
It’s January – and as part of our Daily Yay campaign, we’re suggesting seasonal eating. Did you know that blood oranges are in season, so here’s our tasty little treat of a bloody orange mousse. It’s super simple to make at home. To find out why seasonal eating is so incredible good for you, read my post on it here and find our what’s in season. To join our Daily Yay to make January much more fun, check it out here.
- Press 100ml orange juice. Soak the gelatine leaves in a bowl of cold water.
- Heat the orange juice with the sugar over low heat until the sugar is dissolved. Squeeze the gelatine, add and stir until it is dissolved. Let cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the cream with a mixer until thick yogurt. Mix with 1/3 of the orange juice. Spatula then the other room is airy throughout.
- Divide the orange mousse on 4 glasses and leave at least 2 hours in the fridge.
- Cut the passion fruit just before serving into quarters. Scoop the flesh from ¾ of the passion and spread over the glass. Place the remaining quarters of the glass for garnish.