Big Daddy Breakfast Burger For Your Dad June 15, 2017
If your dad loves a good old English Breakfast, but he likes trying new things – why not try our delicious and oh so naughtily indulgent Breakfast Burger. It’s got baked beans, eggs, chorizo, and bacon… You’ll be his favourite after this!
- Turn your grill onto the highest setting.
- Make the chorizo burger: Remove the skin from the chorizo sausage, and place the sausage filling in a bowl, the smoked paprika and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Work with your hands to mix and form the burger meat into 2 patties, to about the same diameter as the muffins.
- Place the burgers on one side of a baking tray, and place the streaky bacon on the other side.
- Place in the grill and cook for 7 mins each side. Watch the bacon as it may not take as long to cook.
- Remove from the grill and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add the baked beans, Worcester sauce and a pinch of salt and pepper to a sauce pan and bring up to heat. Once the beans are hot through, mash with a fork, taste and add a dash of tabasco (and more Worcester sauce) to your taste. Remain off the heat, but covered to keep warm. This is your brekky burger sauce!
- Heat up a splash of olive oil in a frying pan and add the spinach to the pan. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and let cook/wilt for a few mins. You may need to give it a stir during cooking. Once wilted, remove from the pan and transfer to a bowl for later
- Add a splash more oil to the now empty pan, put it on a medium heat and once hot, crack both eggs into the pan and fry to your preferred state.
- Whilst the eggs are frying, toast the muffins and get ready to build the brekky burger.
- Once the eggs are cooked and off the heat, layer the burger in the following order: First spread a dollop of the baked bean sauce onto the muffin base, followed by some spinach and the chorizo burger. Next add the streaky bacon, some more spinach and the fried egg. Finish by spreading more baked bean sauce on the underside of the muffin lid, and place on top.