If you’re looking for a guacamole recipe that’s a little bit different, we’ve got four. To celebrate Cinco de Mayo this year, Chefs Mimi and Lizzie put their heads together to create the 4 best guacamole recipes.
From a chunky classic to a bacon showstopper, we’ve got a guacamole recipe for every occasion. Give one of these guacamole recipes a go – and try something a little bit different.
- Put a quarter of the onion and half the chilli and salt in a pestle and mortar and mash to a rough paste.
- Cut open the avocados, remove the stones and scoop out the flesh into the pestle (or into a large bowl if your pestle is small). Roughly mash the flesh with a fork, adding half the lime juice as you go.
- Stir in the rest of the lime juice and chillies, coriander, red onion and tomato.
- Season with plenty of black pepper and salt (only if more salt is needed)
- Serve with tortilla chips.
The Bacon Guacamole Recipe
- 4 large ripe avocados, halved and seeded
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 glove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper (more or less to taste)
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 roma tomato, diced
- Spoon avocados into a medium bowl and mash together with a fork, leaving as chunky as you’d like.
- Add lime juice, garlic salt, salt and pepper, crushed red pepper, and combine.
- Then stir in feta cheese, bacon crumbles and green onion.
The Creamy Guacamole Recipe
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- ¼ cup Greek yoghurt
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon coriander, chopped
- ¼ cup tomatoes, diced
- ½ teaspoon jalapeño, minced
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- sprinkle of salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Mix to combine making sure not to mash up all of the avocado.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately with your favourite chips
The Basil Guacamole Recipe
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt freshly ground pepper
- 4 large, ripe avocados
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ cup finely chopped basil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Toss the halved tomatoes with olive oil and a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place tomatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes until the soft. (Depending on the size of your tomatoes, it may take less time- check on them around 10 minutes)
- Remove tomatoes from oven and let cool completely.
- Halve and pit the avocados, then place in a large bowl along with the red onion, garlic clove, lemon juice and pinch of salt and pepper. Using a fork or potato masher, gently mash the ingredients together, leaving a few chunks of avocado.
Add in the basil and ⅓ of the roasted tomatoes and gently fold together.
- Spread the guacamole onto a platter or dish and top with the rest of the roasted tomatoes. Serve with vegetables, tortilla chips, pita chips or slathered on bread for yummy guacamole toast.
The 3 Best Ways to Eat Guacamole
Here are three of our favourite HelloFresh recipes that feature everybody’s favourite avo dip…