A Treat: Banana Pancakes & Kiwi Salsa Recipe June 3, 2016
Jack Johnson loves banana pancakes. How do I know this? Well… he says so in his song.
At the Fresh Farm, we’re partial to some banana pancakes on special occasions. So, this weekend we’re treating ourselves to banana pancakes with a tangy kiwi salsa. If you want to treat your mum, dad, sister, boyfriend, wife or flatmate, or you’re in their bad books, just make them this as a treat and you’ll be their favourite person.
- 1 Banana
- 1 Kiwi
- 2 Free-range eggs
- 50g Spelt or plain wheat flour
- 50 ml Milk
- Salt to taste
- 6 fresh Mint leaves
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Honey (to tatste)
- Beat the eggs with a whisk in a mixing bowl. Slice the banana in half and mash half the banana with a fork.
- Add the mashed banana to the egg and mix together.
- Add the flour to the bowl and mix in thoroughly
- Add the milk and a pinch of salt to the batter
- Cut the other half of the banana and the kiwi into half cm cubes. Chop the mint leaves coarsely and mix with kiwi and banan.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and make half of the batter into 3 pancakes. Fry for around 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Repeat with the remaining three pancakes.
- Pile 3 pancakes on each plate and add a tablespoon of kiwi salsa on top (and some honey if you fancy it)
These photos might be helpful: