Banana & Apple Pancake RecipeFebruary 8, 2016
How Pancakes Make me Feel
by Trisha Jones
Eating a delicious pancake
is better than any chocolate milkshake
it’s better than swimming in a warm lake
And I must say… it’s a great cure for a headache.
Why these flour-free pancakes are THE pancakes?
I’m not sure if you’ll believe me when I say I am not biased. But it’s the truth. I adore this recipe for banana and apple pancakes, because it doesn’t have any flour in it and it still manages to be extremely and beautifully fluffy. But how? The dough is a mix of mashed bananas and oats – poured over some slightly caramelised cinnamon apples. If you’re feeling adventurous, you should give these a go.
[column][/column] [column][/column] [/columns_row] [columns_row width=”half”] [column][/column] [column][/column] [/columns_row]
Banana & Apple Flour-free Pancakes
- 2 bananas
- ½ apple
- 1 heaped tbsp oats
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp butter
- For breakfast: 2 tbsp Greek or Turkish yoghurt + 2 tablespoons honey
- For dessert: two scoops of vanilla ice cream
- Mash the bananas in a bowl, add the eggs and oats and mix well .
- Remove the core of the apple and cut into slices of 2-3 mm. Mix the apple with the cinnamon in a separate bowl.
- Heat half the butter in a frying pan and fry half the apples for 2 minutes over medium heat. Divide the apples between the frying pan and pour half the banana mash over it. Fry the pancakes on both sides until golden brown. Then remove from the pan and repeat with the remaining apple and other pancake mixture.
- Divide the pancakes on plates and serve as a dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Or serve as breakfast with a shovel Greek or Turkish yogurt and honey .
If you’d like to try a different pancake recipe, why not give our banana pancakes with kiwi salsa OR if you’re not really a sweettooth, we also have a fabulous savoury pancake recipe – it’s Indian dosa.
If you’re a pancake newbie, our chef Victoria made a little video to teach you all about how to make pancakes. Check it out!