Alternative Christmas Dessert: Queen of Puddings December 14, 2015
Now, while Christmas pudding is much loved – it can be a bit like Marmite; a lot of people just hate it. Personally, there is nothing I like better than a bit of Christmas pudding covered in double cream. So GOOD! But you know me – I’m not one to be judgemental. Everyone should enjoy Christmas day and the delicious treats it brings with it. For you non-Christmas pudding lovers – here is dessert #2 of our altenative Christmas Pudding inspiration.
The Queen of Puddings is beyond delicious. The lovely Mimi from our recipe team got pretty excited when I told her this was going up on the blog exclaiming “That’s my favourite dessert!”. Well Mimi – this one’s for you!
- Preheat the oven to 150ºC. Separate 3 of the eggs.
- Pour one whole egg and the yolks of the 3 eggs in a bowl and beat together. Now add the breadcrumbs, the scraped out inside of the vanilla pod and the milk. Finally add 100g of caster sugar.
- In a over-proof dish, add the jam to the bottom and spread out thoroughly. Pour the egg mixture on top of the jam and bake in the over for 1 hour.
- Take your remaining egg whites and beat until white and stiff. Now add the rest of your sugar and mix in carefully.
- Take the dish out of the oven and add the egg whites to the top and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve while hot