60 Thoughts We All Have The Week Before Mother’s DayMarch 27, 2019
If breakfast-in-bed, flowers or a homemade cake seem too predictable for your Mother’s Day gift, we’ve got just the thing…
1. Wait, what? Mother’s Day is this Sunday?
2. Right. I better figure something out.
3. Talk about déjà vu. I was in this exact. same. position. last year.
4. What did I even get her last year? Hmmmm.
5. It’s fine. I have time. It’s all good. Don’t sweat it.
6. Oh! Flowers! She like flowers every year right?
7. Is that unoriginal?
8. No, no. It’s classic. You can’t go wrong with flowers.
9. But is it impersonal if that’s the only thing I get her?
10. Like a tie on Father’s Day-type of cliché?
11. This woman gave birth to me, after all.
12. And then she had to deal with me as a teenager.
13. Who knows how she managed that.
14. Okay, I definitely need to do more than just flowers.
15. Maybe a book is the way to go…
16. Or a scarf?
17. Or a scented candle?
18. I need a gift that says “you’re amazing and I don’t know what I would do without you and there are literally no words to express how much I love you…
19. …even though sometimes you annoy me and I want to chop your head off.”
20. Do you think earrings say that?
21. Or one of those Best Mum Ever mugs?
22. She did tell me last week that her scale is broken.
23. Was that a hint?
24. No way. She doesn’t want a scale for Mother’s Day. What am I thinking?
25. I wonder if Dad has anything planned.
26. I know she’s not technically his mother, but still.
27. Maybe she gave him a hint and he forgot to tell me.
28. Serious question: why isn’t there a Children’s Day?
29. Quite rude actually.
30. FOCUS. Time is running out.
31. I should just take for a Sunday roast somewhere.
32. A well-fed mother = a happy mother.
33. A Sunday roast is the answer.
34. But what if she doesn’t like the restaurant?
35. What if their food is bad?
36. An overcooked roast would be a tragedy.
37. What if their crackling isn’t crispy? Their gravy lumpy?
38. The least I can give mum is some crispy crackling.
39. Remember, teenage years.
40. What if we have to wait 30 minutes to get a table?
41. A hangry mother = an unhappy mother.
42. We could just go early to beat the crowd.
43. Nothing says Happy Mother’s Day like an 8am wake up call.
44. THIS IS TOO MUCH TO THINK ABOUT.
45. I could really do with a roast dinner right now.
46. Okay, forget about the restaurant.
47. I should just cook at home.
48. The tried-and-tested roast chicken?
49. NO. I need to do something better than that.
50. But the recipe can’t be too difficult.
51. I guess I have to go food shopping.
52. Only one problem: I have no time.
53. *Light bulb goes off*
54. I should just order the new HelloFresh gastropub recipe!
55. Why didn’t I think about this before? I saw they had Pork Belly on the menu – Mum loves that!
56. Convenient, delicious, simple… what’s not to love?
57. Roast Pork Belly + flowers = genius.
58. With wine…obviously.
59. She’ll forget all about my teenage phase.
60. Who am I kidding? That’ll never happen.
And for all the mothers out there, feel free to pass this along to your kids as a not-so-subtle reminder that the most important day of the year is this weekend. Yes, THIS weekend.
Treat Mum to something delicious this year with our new limited edition collection of premium Gastropub recipes.