3 Halloween Snacks For KidsOctober 17, 2020
Trick or Treat Yourself….
Say goodbye to the sugar-fuelled ghosts of Halloweens past. Here are three spooktacular Halloween snacks that will keep the kids happy.
Munchy Apple Minions
An apple a day keeps the monsters away. These munchy apple monsters are fun to make with the kids (and an easy way to get them eating more fruit!).
- 2 green apples, each quartered
- peanut butter
- 32 sunflower seeds
- 3 strawberries, sliced
- 1-2 sugar eyes per monster
- Cut the middles out of each quarter of the apple to create a mouth.
- Coat the inside of the cut gap with a filling of peanut butter.
- Stick 4 sunflower seeds into the top of the mouth like jagged little teeth.
- Add 1 sliced strawberry inside the mouth – it’s the tongue.
- Add a dot of peanut butter to each eye and stick onto the apple above the mouth.
These banana pops are a great alternative to sugar-filled ice creams and lollipops. If you want to go totally refined sugar-free, but keep things delicious, use Greek yoghurt instead of white chocolate.
3 Halloween Snacks For The Kids
- 1 medium banana
- 100g good quality white chocolate
- 8 mini chocolate chips for eyes
- 4 ice lolly sticks
- Cut banana in half lengthwise, then in half to make four quarters.
- Push the ice lolly stick into the less pointy end of the banana, and freeze bananas on a grease proof paper.
- After 24 hours, your bananas will be frozen. You can then chop your chocolate up add it to a bowl and melt it by adding it to the microwave 30 seconds at a time, stirring until the chocolate is melted and soft.
- Dip the bananas into the chocolate, scraping off the excess chocolate from the back of the banana, and place it on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. Add the chocolate chips for the eyes before while the chocolate is still wet.
- Freeze again for about 2 hours. Eat!
The Fire-Breathing Melon Monster
Here’s a fruity centrepiece your kids will love.
- 1 Watermelon, chopped into cubes
- Pineapple, chopped into cubes
- Cut the face you’d like on your watermelon
- Scoop out the melon and cut into pieces
- Cut 3 piece of pineapple into pieces
- Arrange the pieces so they look like fire coming out of the Monster’s mouth