13 Things Only Hungry People In Supermarkets Will UnderstandNovember 21, 2016
I genuinely fear going into a supermarket when I’m hungry. I find myself in a fragile balance between rage that makes me want to report everyone I encounter to some kind of commitee for ridiculous supermarket behaviour or pangs of hunger that make me want to throw a mini tantrum and scream wahhhhhh. If you recognise any of these, you’re my people:
- How many samples is too many?
- I honestly don’t care if this is horse meat or actual minced beef right now…
- Even though this brand isn’t part of the BOGOF deal, if I pretend it is… and act all “Well, that is ridiculous!” will I get it free anyway?
- If this self service checkout asks for “assistance” one more time… I will cry.
- 3 types of cheese? That’s not too much. That’s normal, right? I love cheese. GIMME
- Is pasta with potatoes a thing?
- Am I too old to do that thing, where I eat the crisps, but then put the empty packet on the belt for them to scan?
- That man just took the last pasta sauce… why? Why cruel world?
- If I tackle him… would that be too much?
- Why do people insist on idly lingering in the middle of the aisle…? How is that a thing?
- Who invented plastic bags and made them literally impossible to open. LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE!
- Could the man in front of me pack any slower?!
- No, but seriously, is he joking? There is no way he is that bad at packing bags. Am I being Punked? Ashton? Where are you?
Supermarkets can be a bit mad…
To avoid that hysteria of not having the right size of coin to get a trolley,
so having to get two baskets, try HelloFresh. We’ll deliver exciting new recipes
and perfectly portioned ingredients to your door every week.